By LaKisha Mosley
When you are a mom, wife, full-time employee, and entrepreneur, it can seem like you’re on overload. There are deadlines that you must meet at work and in your business, but you also have responsibilities as a wife and a mother. Sometimes it may be difficult to get it all done. But it’s not impossible. I have 5 tips to help you stay on track and not get frustrated.
- Set your intentions – It’s an alignment of your heart and mind. Setting intentions is different than setting goals. Setting your intentions solidifies what you want to do for the day or a time period. Decide what you want to do and be clear about it.
- Prayer and Mediation – Starting your day with prayer and or mediation is key. Now there is a difference between prayer and meditation. Meditation focuses on your breathing. The breathing is meant to clear the mind, to bring you to a place of clarity, letting go of everything but the present moment. Prayer goes much further. It offers the benefits of meditation but it’s also a connection to God, where I can share my petitions, ask for forgiveness and get into His will.
- Be laser focused – Being laser focused means you everything in you is aligned with your goals. You won’t allow any distractions to keep you from doing the things you want to. Sometimes being laser focused means you have to get away from distractions. Turn off notifications on your devices. Get in a quiet area.
- Doing things in blocks – Working smarter is so important when you have so much to do. Doing tasks in blocks will help you to avoid overwhelm you sometimes feel when you have a lot to do. Pick a task and block off a certain amount of time to complete it. For example, when I write for my blog or other sites, I pick a day and about two hours to just write. I normally get several weeks of content done. That saves me a lot of time and all I have to do is upload my content to my site.
- Schedule your time wisely – Time is precious when you have so many things to do. You must be very careful on what you spend your time on. Being laser focused and setting intentions will help you schedule the things you need to do.
LaKisha Mosley is the owner of The LM Experience, an event management boutique and the owner of a lifestyle blog about family, family and love. You can connect with her on IG, FB and Twitter @lakishammosley.